Goal: Empower people from diverse communities -- those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, their families and caregivers, healthy adults, clinicians, businesses, workers, and the general public -- to participate in research.
Ideas in this area might address:
- What messages and education about clinical studies and research participation are needed to engage a variety of audiences
- Where it would be helpful to deliver messages and education
- How to best connect/match participants with research
- How to better use technology and social media to facilitate participation
- How to engage health care professionals to inform patients about research participation
- Role of funders, organizations, policymakers in implementing
The rural communities and health car professionals and need to work together better to have a understanding of the Alzheimer
and dementia diseases and behaviors to gain better care and facilities that do not put all levels of disease in one place !!!
A good example of a facility that has this in place is the Masonic home in Elizabeth town, PA>
Just as news articles include social media sharing buttons (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), so too should studies listed in ClinicalTrials.gov and elsewhere on government-funded studies that are listed online. Each viewer should have the ability to share information about a study with one click into their social network.
1) Using personal health record portals to support direct, interactive messaging between providers/staff and research participants and their family members.
2) Integrating automated paging, kiosk-based messaging “waiting room” mini-videos to support recruitment at the point of care.
3) Seeing how electronic medical records data capabilities might be used to generate lists of potential recruitment... more »
Recruit a celebrity to complete a Trial Match Profile and use a slogan of "I Did It - You Can Too!" This will create interest and especially drive home the point that you do NOT have to have Alzheimer's or be of a certain age in order to participate in Trial Match
Leverage physician communities on social media to provide regular updates to clinicians and inform them about their patients’ involvement in research studies.
For patients and physicians who register with an online patient registry, the registry should automatically send weekly updates on new trials open close to the zip code of the patient or the physician so that the stakeholder can be informed of new trials through a more passive approach
Create and maintain a database of Alzheimer's patients and their family members. This will enable researchers to not only contact family with important research results but also to have the ability to follow this disease on a massive scale. Then maybe scientists and researchers will have a better opportunity to find trial participants with documented genetic links to this disease.
Develop interventions, resources, and support programs and campaigns to improve recruitment and retention, based on knowledge of social norms and effective incentives for various audiences.
What does that mean when marketing to audiences to encourage them to participate in clinical... more »