Develop interventions, resources, and support programs and campaigns to improve recruitment and retention, based on knowledge of social norms and effective incentives for various audiences.
Goal: Empower people from diverse communities -- those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, their families and caregivers, healthy adults, clinicians, businesses, workers, and the general public -- to participate in research.
Ideas in this area might address:
- What messages and education about clinical studies and research participation are needed to engage a variety of audiences
- Where it would be helpful to deliver messages and education
- How to best connect/match participants with research
- How to better use technology and social media to facilitate participation
- How to engage health care professionals to inform patients about research participation
- Role of funders, organizations, policymakers in implementing
Institute a celebrity driven awareness campaign targeted towards raising awareness of clinical trials in AD among the 50+ age cohort either through TV ads or on the radio or through newspapers.
For patients and physicians who register with an online patient registry, the registry should automatically send weekly updates on new trials open close to the zip code of the patient or the physician so that the stakeholder can be informed of new trials through a more passive approach
Set up a newspaper based advertisement with regular frequency in a section that targets the 50+ population to raise awareness on the importance of brainhealth.
1) Using personal health record portals to support direct, interactive messaging between providers/staff and research participants and their family members.
2) Integrating automated paging, kiosk-based messaging “waiting room” mini-videos to support recruitment at the point of care.
3) Seeing how electronic medical records data capabilities might be used to generate lists of potential recruitment... more »
Raise awareness on the importance of brain health through celebrity driven awareness campaigns. Much like the Selena Gomez campaign on Lupus nephritiis, institute a celebrity driven campaign for AD targeted towards the 50+ population
What does that mean when marketing to audiences to encourage them to participate in clinical... more »
In contrast, the public has immense interest in these areas e.g. see huge following of Dr. Oz, Dr. Perlmutter, etc.... more »
Bring together the leadership of registries to assess and devise a plan to link registries for the benefit of all. In addition to optimizing infrastructure and collaboration, examine how national outreach could support increased registry-based recruitment to trials.
Recruit a celebrity to complete a Trial Match Profile and use a slogan of "I Did It - You Can Too!" This will create interest and especially drive home the point that you do NOT have to have Alzheimer's or be of a certain age in order to participate in Trial Match