My husband and I would like opportunities to share our caregiver story of how we met and continued to care for our Alzheimer's spouse while they were in memory care facilities.
Goal: Empower people from diverse communities -- those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, their families and caregivers, healthy adults, clinicians, businesses, workers, and the general public -- to participate in research.
Ideas in this area might address:
- What messages and education about clinical studies and research participation are needed to engage a variety of audiences
- Where it would be helpful to deliver messages and education
- How to best connect/match participants with research
- How to better use technology and social media to facilitate participation
- How to engage health care professionals to inform patients about research participation
- Role of funders, organizations, policymakers in implementing
Raise awareness on the importance of brain health through celebrity driven awareness campaigns. Much like the Selena Gomez campaign on Lupus nephritiis, institute a celebrity driven campaign for AD targeted towards the 50+ population
The rural communities and health car professionals and need to work together better to have a understanding of the Alzheimer
and dementia diseases and behaviors to gain better care and facilities that do not put all levels of disease in one place !!!
A good example of a facility that has this in place is the Masonic home in Elizabeth town, PA>